||Bachelor Degree in Computer Science & Engineering.
||Master of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering.
||Master of Technology in Computer Network Engineering
The department has V.T.U recognized research centre, which was started in the year 2003. At present 21 students are pursuing Ph.D in the Research Centre and 5 are awarded Ph.D.
Vision of the Department
To work towards the vision of the institution by building a strong teaching and research environment that is capable of responding to the challenges of the 21st century.
Mission of the Department
To prepare under graduate, graduate and research students for productive careers in industry, academia and entrepreneurship through comprehensive educational programs, research in collaboration with industry & government, incubating innovative ideas, dissemination by scholarly publications and professional society /co-curricular activities.
The department has well experienced and highly qualified faculty members, who are specialized in some of the latest areas of Computer Science and Engineering, which includes, Computer Networks, Wireless Network Security, Cryptography, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, and so on. All faculties participate in various Workshops and Seminars to keep themselves updated with the latest technology. Faculties are also actively involved in some of the joint research projects with industries and research organizations and 8 patents are filed till date on the project works.
The department is well equipped with five laboratories for U.G programme, two laboratories for Master programmes along with Project and Research laboratory . The laboratories are well managed by experienced Non-Teaching staff. The Computer Maintenance Cell (CMC) which is the part of the department has responsibilities of managing Campus-Wide IT infrastructure, including Computers, Networking (Wired / Wireless), and Internet facilities, Mail, Web and Application Servers and so on.
Internships & Placements
The department is one of the top options for CET and COMED-K rank holders. The students of CSE has performed excellently well in campus placements of reputed IT industries, such as TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, INFORMATICA, AKAMAI, Z-SCALAR and others. UG students have acquired their internships and projects in companies like ARICENT, ABB and so on while PG students have in companies such as ROBERT-BOSH, LUCENT, UNISYS, GLOBAL EDGE, TCS, and so on.
The department is actively involved in hosting many additional training programmes for students in niche areas such as MOBILE PROGRAMMING, QUALNET, IBM TECHNOLOGOIES, NETWORK SECURITY, ANDROID PRGRAMMING, ETHICAL HACKING, INTERNET of THINGS and so on. UG / PG research work is encouraged in the department which has resulted in good publications in reputed journals and conferences. Under the SIT Innovation Club, students are motivated to do solve day to day problems faced in society with their innovative ideas for which training and funding is also arranged based on the merit and usefulness to society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) :
The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering programme are able to:
- Pursue successful careers in State/National/Multi-National companies as Software Developers by following sound professional and ethical practices in various cadres in key areas like Networking, Web Design, Cloud Computing, Big data processing, IoT, e-commerce, Information Security and so on.
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and demonstrate good soft skills.
- Pursue higher education for a successful career in Academics/ Research.
- Pursue life-long learning, by anticipating trends in Computer Science and Engineering to own a startup for a successful career as entrepreneur.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
At the end of the programme, graduate of Computer Science and Engineering programme will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solution in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings./li>
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theengineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSO's)
- PSO1: Computer based systems development: Ability to apply the basic knowledge of database systems, computing, operating system, digital circuits, microcontroller, computer organization and architecture in the design of computer based systems.
- PSO2: Software development: Ability to specify, design and develop projects, application softwares and system softwares by using the knowledge of data structures, analysis and design of algorithm, programming languages, software engineering practices and open source tools.
- PSO3: Computer communications and Internet applications: Ability to design and develop network protocols and internet applications by incorporating the knowledge of computer networks, communication protocol engineering, cryptography and network security, distributed and cloud computing, data mining, big data analytics, ad hoc networks, storage area networks and wireless sensor networks.