Department of Chemistry:
Dr.V.Udaya Kumar has an ongoing sponsored research project Feasibility study on the Development of Technology to treat Fluoride contaminated water for drinking in parts of Tumkur District of Karnataka.
Department of Mechanical Engineering:
Dr. R.Suresh has an ongoing sponsored research project entitled "Purification of Crude Glycerol Obtained from Bio-Diesel Synthesis and Production of Value Added Products". Project is recommended by Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST) for Government grant during the year 2017-18 under the scheme K-FIST-L2.Duration of the project if for two years and the total grant is Rs 40 Lakhs.
Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering:
Dr. Latha H.K.E has an ongoing sponsored research project entitled "Design and Development of Indium Tin Oxide Thin Film Strain Gauge Pressure Sensor" funded from Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka for the period of three years (Duration: 2017-20, Fund received: Rs. 30.00 lakhs) under the Establishment of Centers of Innovation Science & Engineering Education (CISEE) programme.
Department of Physics:
1. Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has sanctioned a project entitled "Addressing the Challenges in Designing the Thermoelectric Materials using new Class 3D Dirac Semimetal System and Boltzmann Transport Theory" to Dr Bhargavi K. S. under Early Carrier Researcher (ECR) for the period of three years (2016 - 19).
2. Dr. S. R. Manohara has an ongoing sponsored research project entitled "Development of novel graphene-polymer hybrid nanocomposites for efficient flame retardant and electromagnetic interference shielding applications" funded from Vision Group on Science and Technology (VGST), Government of Karnataka for period of three years (Duration: 2016-19, Fund received: Rs. 30.00 lakhs) under the Establishment of Centers of Innovation Science & Engineering Education (CISEE) programme.
Department of Chemical Engg.:
1. Establishment of R& D Centre for Water and Waste Management oMSM Enterprises
Department of Civil Engg.:
1. Evaluation of Liquefaction potential based on cone penetration resistance and shear wave velocity
2. Investigation of Repair and Retrofitting of concrete structures using advanced concretes such as self compacting concrete and Geopolymer concrete.
Department of Information Science & Engg.:
1. Speech based access of Agricultural Commodity Prices and Weather Information in 12 Indian Languages/Dialects Consortium-Phase II
2. Performance Evaluation of open source ASR tools with creation of speech corpus for Indian English and Hindi.
Department of Mechanical Engg.:
1. Corrosion behavior of Turbine Blade Materials
2. Synthesis and Charecterization of Cu-Al-Mn shape memory alloys for damping characteristics in super elastic range.
3. Development & Application of Bio fuel.
Department of Computer Science Engg.:
1. Adaptive Trust Based Security Systems for ubiquitous Networks